1. Shop from local businesses. It reduces carbon emissions from transportation used and it funnels money into the immediate economy.
2. Make friends with a farmer. Buy local meat and produce.
3. Swap out your fake fabrics for breathable ones such as cotton, linen, or bamboo. You are literally wearing plastic on your skin.
4. Decrease your intake of red meat to every other day to eventually once in awhile. High amounts of beef and pork lead to cancer, heart disease, and diabetes.
5. Turn your damn lights and water off when you’re not using it.
6. Before throwing something away, give it new life by reselling, repurposing, or donating it.
7. Recycle all plastic* and paper. (Not all plastic is recyclable. Check the package and wash it before tossing in the bin.)
8. Stop using straws!!!
9. Buy yourself a fancy water bottle.
10. The fast fashion industry must be stopped: don’t buy cheap clothes that wear out quickly and invest in quality USA made fashion.